BEYOND THE NUMBERS
In Case You Missed It...
This week at CBPP, we focused on health, state budgets and taxes, food assistance, the federal budget and taxes, and the economy.
- On health, Jesse Cross-Call recommended that states quickly implement voter-approved Medicaid expansions. We detailed the harm done to veterans by taking away Medicaid for not meeting work requirements.
- On state budgets and taxes, Michael Mitchell noted that states must address workforce discrimination to promote opportunity for college graduates of color. Erica Williams urged newly elected state lawmakers to focus on building equitable, inclusive state economies.
- On food assistance, Brynne Keith-Jennings and Lexin Cai noted that SNAP helps almost 1.4 million low-income veterans, including thousands in every state.
- On the federal budget and taxes, we updated our backgrounders on the federal estate tax and budget process.
- On the economy, we updated our chart book on the legacy of the Great Recession.
Chart of the Week – 363,000 People Expected to Gain Medicaid Coverage in Idaho, Nebraska, and Utah
A variety of news outlets featured CBPP’s work and experts recently. Here are some of the highlights:
Medicaid is a big election winner
November 8, 2018
Is Arkansas's work requirement rule working?
November 5, 2018
9 Things You Need To Know About Education And The Election
November 4, 2018
Republicans put in bind over preexisting conditions
November 3, 2018