BEYOND THE NUMBERS
Update, April 3: We’ve added the video to this post.
CBPP’s Full Employment Project hosted an event today featuring a keynote speech by former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke and a discussion of leading economists about policies that can help restore and maintain full employment.
In conjunction with this event, we released five papers by economists on how to start the nation on a path back to full employment:
- Book Summary: The Reconnection Agenda: Reuniting Growth and Prosperity By Jared Bernstein
- Strategies for Full Employment Through Reform of the Criminal Justice System By Maurice Emsellem and Jason Ziedenberg
- The Impact of Full Employment on African American Employment and Wages By Valerie R. Wilson
- Monetary Policy for a High-Pressure Economy By Laurence Ball
- Labor Market Slack and Monetary Policy By David G. Blanchflower and Andrew T. Levin