- Data Research Associate
- Development Writer/Editor
- Director of Media Relations
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Human Resources Director
- IT Help Desk Intern
- IT Support Associate
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst, Health Integration Project
- SharePoint Administrator/Developer
- State Communications Specialist
- State Network Communications Manager
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a high-caliber strategic policy organization that informs and shapes public policies to reduce poverty, promote equity, and build opportunity, seeks a State Network Communications Manager.
States and localities collect more than one-third of all taxes in the U.S. and spend half of all domestic public-sector dollars. While core state investments that produce thriving communities are currently threatened by state tax cuts, budget shortfalls, and federal policy decisions, this is also a moment in which states can step forward as beacons of sensible, forward-looking policy.
In this high-stakes environment, the State Priorities Partnership (SPP) – the network of independent state policy organizations founded and coordinated by CBPP – is advancing racial, social, and economic equity to build broad prosperity and thriving state economies.
The State Network Communications Manager will design and implement a strategy to inform key national and state-level stakeholders, including the philanthropic community, of the priorities, programs, and impact of the State Priorities Partnership. He or she will:
- Identify persuasive and compelling messaging and promote its consistent use across Partnership materials and campaigns.
- Develop and execute varied and integrated communications products across a variety of formats including, but not limited to, brochures, slide decks, newsletters, annual reports, websites, video, social media, etc.
- Create and execute a strategy for using events and professional conferences to advance the Partnership’s thought leadership among target audiences, as well as organize and oversee the success of speaking opportunities, conference communications, events, and exhibits.
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed to support senior staff at the Center, ensuring cohesion in messaging across audiences about the organization’s programmatic work, impact, and mission.
- Ensure that brand and messaging consistency extends to proposals and reports to prospective and current funders.
- Support the members of the State Priorities Partnership in designing and implementing similar communications strategies within their own states through individual coaching, consulting, workshops, training, and other convenings.
Candidates should have:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent strategic planning, writing, and verbal communication skills; and
- Strong experience and knowledge of social policy issues and the ability to communicate complex policy information to varied audiences.
Please submit your application here.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Bringing diverse perspectives to state policy debates.
To expand the diversity of voices that speak with authority in state policy debates and in philanthropic and other stakeholder communities, we welcome highly motivated candidates — with particular attention to candidates who have experience with communities that are underrepresented in state policy debates and who have demonstrated skill in communicating about public policies that affect low-income and diverse communities and have implications for racial equity.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.