- Budget and Grants Associate
- Data Research Associate
- Deputy Director for Organizational Advancement
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst, Health Integration Project
- Senior Policy Analyst - State Fiscal Policy
- Senior Policy Analyst: Elevating Puerto Rico in Budget and Policy Debates
- Senior Tax Legal Analyst or Tax Legal Analyst
- State Communications Specialist
The State Fiscal Project at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a dynamic team that influences state policy debates by producing timely, credible, and accessible research; messaging complex issues in clear and compelling ways; and delivering this analysis into the hands of lawmakers, media, grassroots organizations, and other partners who can help mobilize change. Central to this work is the Center’s support for the State Priorities Partnership. For over two decades, the Partnership, a network of 42 state-based policy and advocacy organizations, has used evidence and analysis to advance policies that give more people the opportunity to prosper. State Priorities partners equip lawmakers, journalists, advocacy organizations, nonprofit service providers, and the public with unassailable information that is used to help children obtain a quality education, help families secure medical care, and help working people get the assistance they need to build a better life.
The State Communications Specialist will help State Priorities Partnership organizations across the country deploy cutting-edge communications strategies, tactics, and tools. In addition, he or she will conceptualize and implement a training program to support field communications directors, provide individualized coaching, and accelerate the sharing of successful communications strategies throughout the network.
The State Communications Specialist will:
- Provide individual coaching to state-level staff on communications strategy and planning, including how to shape and maximize media coverage and how to engage the public directly through digital media.
- Develop strategies to ensure that organizations in the network communicate complicated policy topics clearly and persuasively in media interviews, reports, blog posts, and other communications products and activities.
- Plan and execute training opportunities for member organizations in the State Priorities Partnership, including an annual in-person gathering, webinars, and online training courses.
- Update and maintain a library of communications resources, and promote these resources through trainings, individual outreach, and the network’s online community.
- Collaborate closely with over a dozen communications professionals across multiple teams at the Center as well as communications professionals in the State Priorities Partnership.
Qualifications: Candidates should have:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to communicate about complex policy issues in a way that resonates with average people;
- Experience with traditional and digital media strategy and planning;
- Strong experience and knowledge of social policy issues; and
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, takes affirmative action to ensure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.