- Data Research Associate
- Director of Media Relations
- Director of Network Learning and Collaboration
- Director of State Tax and Budget Campaigns
- Grants Budget Specialist - Foundation Grants
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health Projects Manager
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Project Associate – State Grant Initiatives
- Project Director: Safety Net Initiative
- State Communications Manager
- State Communications Specialist
- State Project Associate/Assistant
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is a strategic policy organization that informs and shapes public policies to reduce poverty, promote equity, and build opportunity. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of policy debates, and influencing policy outcomes at the federal and state levels.
The Center is seeking a Health Projects Manager to help manage major projects undertaken by its health team. In the near term, the Health Projects Manager will work with health team staff to plan and coordinate work related to two initiatives: state Medicaid campaigns and the Beyond the Basics project. The team’s state Medicaid campaign work involves close collaboration with state partner organizations and national allies to support Medicaid expansion and avert harmful changes and cuts to the program. The Beyond the Basics project provides trainings, other resources, and technical assistance to support navigators, assisters, volunteer tax preparation programs, and other organizations helping consumers enroll and stay enrolled in Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace coverage and Medicaid or helping them determine the amount of their premium tax credits when they file their taxes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For major health team projects, work with health team analysts to help identify goals, plan work, and coordinate among the team and with others inside and outside the Center.
- Track and help develop written materials for major projects.
- Track and help complete other deliverables and activities for major projects.
- Communicate regularly with state partner organizations to share information and identify their needs; coordinate and track work among the health team and other Center staff to meet those needs.
- Manage internal communications and information sharing among the health team, other Center staff, and sometimes state and national partners.
- Manage outreach, training, and technical assistance for health and tax partner groups that are working on eligibility, enrollment, and other issues related to ACA outreach and related tax preparation.
- Coordinate development of training and other educational materials for Beyond the Basics; manage the Beyond the Basics website and email communication.
A successful candidate must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, especially those involving multiple stakeholders, and keep them on track.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience and interest in building systems to track complex information.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including an ability to translate complex concepts into understandable terms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strong interest in state-based advocacy and heath policy.
The following additional qualifications would be an important plus but are not required:
- Experience in state-based advocacy.
- Experience maintaining a website.
- Facility with using PowerPoint and Illustrator to produce professional graphics and presentations.
- Experience working on Medicaid or ACA policy.
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
Please submit your application here.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.