- Deputy Director of State Tax and Budget Campaigns
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst
- Research Assistant or Research Associate - State Fiscal Policy
- State Communications Specialist
- State Strategies Manager
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a nationally recognized non-profit organization that conducts research and promotes policies to improve the lives of low- and moderate-income people. We seek a Graphics and Web Posting Associate to serve as a key member of our communications team, assisting with posting and managing our website, and helping to create compelling charts and graphics that will expand the reach and impact of our research and policy proposals in Congress, with government officials, in the media, and with our partners.
The communications team is strategic, fast-paced, and collaborative. They serve as a bridge between the Center's research analysts and the public, helping reach key audiences of policymakers, journalists, and other influencers to make the case for policy decisions that benefit and protect low- and moderate-income people. They work closely with all of the policy teams, creating communications strategies for the Center's work on food assistance, housing assistance, tax policy, health policy, income support, and more. As a result, the team succeeds in having the Center’s work being cited in the media and shaping news stories, editorials, columns, blog posts, and TV and radio reports in national and regional media.
The Center also has a very strong digital media presence. The Graphics and Web Posting Associate will join a four-person digital team and keep the website up to date in a fast-paced environment, as well as help create charts and graphics to accompany our written products, and shareable graphics for use on social media.
- Produce charts, infographics and other visuals for inclusion in Center products and format Center products for posting;
- Create shareable graphics for social media use by the Center, national and state partners, and in paid social media campaigns;
- Post reports, blog posts, and other content to the website and update the home page and landing pages;
- Assist with website maintenance and development and otherwise support the digital communications team.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years’ experience in digital communications;
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for quickly learning new skills and processes;
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator;
- Comfort with writing and editing HTML;
- Proficiency in formatting documents for Microsoft Word, especially working with tables and images;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines; and
- Experience or ability to work in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Comfort with basic CSS;
- Experience creating and formatting charts in Excel, DeltaGraph, Adobe Illustrator, or similar applications;
- Experience working in a web content management platform such as WordPress or Drupal;
- Strong relationship builder – ability to foster relationships with staff on other teams; and
- Commitment to the Center's mission of expanding opportunity for low- and moderate-income families.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.