- Budget and Finance Reporting Specialist
- Data Research Associate
- Development Writer/Editor
- Director of Media Relations
- Grants Budget Specialist - Foundation Grants
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Outreach Specialist
- Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst, Food Assistance
- Policy Analyst, Health Integration Project
- Research Assistant or Research Associate (RA) - Federal Fiscal Policy
- Research Assistant/Research Associate
- State Communications Specialist
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is one of the nation’s leading policy institutes focusing on federal and state issues that affect low-income families and individuals. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of federal and state policy debates, and influencing policy outcomes. The Center’s expertise spans a range of areas including federal and state budget and tax policy, health care, social insurance, nutrition, housing, income support, and other policies that are important to low-income people. The Center’s funding comes from private foundations and individuals.
The Budget and Finance Reporting Specialist will provide analysis and reporting on the organizational budget. With oversight from the Budget and Grants Manager, the Specialist enables CBPP to achieve its strategic and business goals by delivering analytical insights to internal partners, developing and communicating effective plans, implementing strategic resource allocation decisions, and helping to manage overall organizational budget performance.
- Assist in the development of the Center’s organizational budgets designed to drive high-quality forecasting and decision making;
- Provide monthly budget reports including budget variance analysis for the Budget and Grants Manager, highlighting key concerns or changes;
- Provide supporting documentation for adjustments needed when tracking organizational budget;
- Provide technical assistance with accounting support by uploading and maintaining organizational budgets in accounting software;
- Create a cohesive narrative in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner; and
- Research and prepare periodic financial analyses and/or reports as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance;
- One to three years of professional experience developing, preparing, and monitoring budgets;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and above-average experience using Excel or other spreadsheet programs;
- Strong mathematic aptitude and abilities;
- Strong attention to details and accuracy; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The salary is commensurate with experience. Center staff are offered excellent benefits including three options for health insurance, life insurance, long-term disabilities insurance, retirement plan, generous vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
Please submit your application here.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.