- Administrative and Events Assistant
- Communications Associate
- Conference and Trainings Manager
- Data Research Associate
- Editor, Communications
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst – Federal Tax Policy
- State Network Communications Manager
- User Support Specialist
The State Fiscal Project at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a dynamic team that influences state policy debates by producing timely, credible, and accessible research; messaging complex issues in clear and compelling ways; and delivering this analysis into the hands of lawmakers, media, grassroots organizations, and other partners who can help mobilize change. Central to this work is the Center’s support for the State Priorities Partnership. For over two decades, the Partnership, a network of 42 state-based policy and advocacy organizations, has used evidence and analysis to advance policies that give more people the opportunity to prosper. State Priorities partners equip lawmakers, journalists, advocacy organizations, nonprofit service providers, and the public with unassailable information that is used to help children obtain a quality education, help families secure medical care, and help working people get the assistance they need to build a better life.
The State Network Communications Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing a communications strategy to inform key national and state-level stakeholders, including the philanthropic community, about the work of the State Priorities Partnership. The State Network Communications Manager will also be responsible for helping Partnership organizations achieve similar goals in their own states. He or she will:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the State Fiscal Project and State Priorities Partnership, broadening awareness of its priorities, programs, and impact across key stakeholder audiences.
- Oversee State Priorities Partnership-wide external communications, ensuring persuasive and compelling messaging, campaigns, and consistency.
- Develop and execute varied and integrated communications products across a variety of formats including, but not limited to, brochures, slide decks, newsletters, annual reports, websites, video, social media, etc.
- Create and execute a strategy for using events and professional conferences to advance the organization’s thought leadership among target audiences; organize and oversee the success of speaking opportunities, conference communications, events, and exhibits.
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed to support senior staff at the Center, ensuring cohesion in messaging across audiences about the organization’s programmatic work, impact, and mission.
- Ensure that brand and messaging consistency extends to proposals and reports to prospective and current funders.
- Support the members of the State Priorities Partnership in designing and implementing similar communications strategies through individual technical assistance, consulting, workshops, training, and other convenings.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent strategic planning, writing, and verbal communication skills; and
- Strong experience and knowledge of social policy issues and the ability to communicate complex policy information to varied audiences;
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.