- Administrative and Events Assistant
- Communications Associate
- Community Coordinator
- Data Research Associate
- Development Writer
- Director of Media Relations
- Editor, Communications
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- User Support Specialist
Position: Director of Media Relations
Supervisor:VP of Communications and External Affairs
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is one of the nation’s leading non-profits working on public policy issues affecting low-income families and individuals. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of policy debates at the federal and state levels, and influencing policy outcomes on a range of critical issues like health care and taxes.
The Center is seeking a skilled leader to fill a key position with the Communications team, Director of Media Relations. The position offers an opportunity for a talented communications professional to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment as part of the Center’s highly collaborative communications team to help the Center meet its policy goals. He or she will drive the development of media strategy and tactics and oversee the team’s media relations activities. The Director of Media Relations will report to the Vice President of Communications and External Affairs, lead the media relations team, and work closely and seamlessly with other members of the communications team and Center policy experts to support the Center’s overall communications efforts.
- Develop and manage media relations strategies that bring the widest possible media attention to the Center’s content and messages;
- Work closely with the Center’s leadership, policy divisions, and legislative affairs office to develop media relations strategies on particular issues and challenges;
- Work closely with the Center’s outreach team to develop strategies for reaching media in targeted states as part of issue-based campaigns;
- Maintain and broaden the network of Center contacts in media, both in Washington and around the country, in print, online, and broadcast media; and
- Work closely, in particular, with the Director of Digital Strategies to complement the work of one another as part of an overall approach to promoting the Center’s work through media of all kinds.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience reflecting progressively higher levels of responsibility, including experience developing and managing staff;
- Successful management of contracts and vendor relationships;
- Excellent strategic planning, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- Deep understanding of the role of media relations in a multi-faceted issue-based communications campaign;
- Strong experience and knowledge of social policy issues and the ability to communicate complex policy information to a diverse range of audiences;
- Experience working with the news media and strong contacts with national, regional, and specialty print, broadcast, and online media outlets.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment; excels at juggling multiple responsibilities and meeting deadlines while maintaining focus on long-term goals and strategies; and has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.