- Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist
- Communications Assistant or Associate - Media Relations (Term position)
- Communications Associate - Media Relations
- Communications Intern
- Data Intern
- Development Associate
- Family Income Support Intern
- Federal Fiscal Policy Intern
- Food Assistance Intern
- Fundraising and Development Department Intern
- Government Affairs Intern
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health and Housing Integration Project Intern
- Housing Policy Intern
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Intern
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Job Announcement: Research Director, State Fiscal Policy
- Outreach Intern
- Senior Policy Analyst
- State Communications Specialist
- State Fiscal Policy Research Intern
- State Fiscal Project Campaigns Intern
- State Fiscal Project Communications Intern
- State Fiscal Project Development Intern
- State Fiscal Project Outreach Intern
- State Network Advancement Manager
- State Strategies Manager
- Summer 2020 Health Policy Intern
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities advances public policies that reduce poverty and inequality, advance prosperity and racial equity, and break down barriers to economic opportunity through research, analysis, and advocacy. A key area of work is reforming state revenue systems in order to ensure adequate and stable revenues for public investments. This work is conducted largely in concert with members of the State Priorities Partnership, a network of state policy organizations that the Center coordinates.
The State Data and Campaigns Senior Manager helps develop strategic public education, advocacy, and engagement campaigns to build support for the enactment and implementation of sound fiscal policies at the state level, and to counter damaging policy proposals that would increase poverty and inequity. The Senior Manager will work with partners to improve data processes and provide regular technical assistance for advocacy and list-building campaigns. As a member of our Outreach and Campaigns team, they will work with our team of strategists, policy experts, and state partners to solve calculable puzzles and understand how to best utilize advocacy and technology tools.
- Support state-level activities to inform legislative and ballot campaigns on state budget, tax, and safety-net-related issues;
- Provide training, coaching, and hands-on technical assistance to state partners and allies on data, digital, and campaign strategies to shape important state budget and tax debates and policy outcomes;
- Develop and manage data research projects that help identify efficiencies, trends, and needs among our network of policy organizations; and
- Lead opportunities to share best practices across states through peer-to-peer communications and training opportunities among outreach professionals at the state partnership organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years of advocacy experience, including 1-2 years of direct contribution to an organization’s data knowledge and management;
- Strong track record of supporting effective alliances and collaborations of diverse groups and interests;
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail, and proven ability to present complex information to multiple audiences;
- Familiarity with state legislative processes;
- Understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and demonstrated skill in communicating with low-income and diverse communities;
- Established network in the nonprofit technology world; and
- Working knowledge of campaign database management, voter files, and targeting principles and experience developing campaign performance and social media reporting;
- College degree or technical experience in data management and campaign coordination;
- Familiarity with state budget, tax, and low-income issues, specifically gathering trends & insights;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute effective issue campaigns;
- Experience using some or all of the major online/offline CRM software (EveryAction, Constant Contact, Action Network, Salesforce, etc.) extensively as part of day-to-day responsibilities;
- Experience with SQL, Civis Platform, and related databases;
- Some experience with online fundraising strategy and campaign management; and
- Experience onboarding new data tools to an organization.
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
Please submit your application here.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.