- Data Research Associate
- Director of Media Relations
- Director of Network Learning and Collaboration
- Director of State Tax and Budget Campaigns
- Grants Budget Specialist - Foundation Grants
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health Projects Manager
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Project Associate – State Grant Initiatives
- Project Director: Safety Net Initiative
- State Communications Manager
- State Communications Specialist
- State Project Associate/Assistant
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is one of the nation’s leading policy institutes focusing on federal and state issues that affect low-income families and individuals. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of federal and state policy debates, and influencing policy outcomes. The Center’s expertise spans a range of areas including federal and state budget and tax policy, health care, social insurance, nutrition, housing, income support, and other policies that are important to low-income people. The Center’s funding comes from private foundations and individuals.
The Senior Grants Budget Analyst or Grants Budget Analyst performs a variety of tasks related to budget preparation and maintenance of grant budgets. Reporting to the Budget and Grants Manager and working with internal partners, this role will support accurate review and reporting of grants.
- Assist with preparation of grant budget proposals for programs/projects in consultation with the Development Team and the Budget and Grants Manager;
- Create customized grant reports for funders, directors, and senior management;
- Provide supporting documentation for adjustments needed when tracking foundation grant budgets;
- Provide technical assistance with grant accounting support by uploading and maintaining grant budgets in accounting software;
- Monitor expenditure of grant funds and contract compliance in relation to labor distribution, grant budgets, and grant reporting; and
- Research and prepare periodic financial analyses and/or reports as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Senior Grants Budget Analyst -At least seven years of professional experience developing, preparing, and monitoring grant budgets; Grants Budget Analyst- At least five years professional experience developing, preparing, and monitoring grant budgets. A graduate degree in Finance may be substituted for two years’ work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and above-average experience using Excel or other spreadsheet programs;
- Strong mathematic aptitude and abilities;
- Strong attention to details and accuracy; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Please submit your application here.
The salary is commensurate with experience. Center staff are offered excellent benefits including three options for health insurance, life insurance, long-term disabilities insurance, retirement plan, generous vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.