- Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
- Data Research Assistant
- Director of Media Relations
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Help Desk/Jr. Network Administrator
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst – Federal Tax Policy
- Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst
- Senior Director and Counselor, Equity and Inclusion
- Senior Policy Analyst – State Pension Issues
- State Communications Manager
- State Communications Specialist
- State Strategies Manager
- State Strategies Manager
- State Strategies Manager or Senior State Strategies Manager
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a national non-partisan research and policy organization that informs and shapes public policies to reduce poverty and inequality, promote equity, and build opportunity. Over the last two years the Center has undertaken an organization-wide initiative to advance racial equity and inclusion in our policy analysis and strategy, our internal operations and relationships, and our work with external partners. The Center now seeks a senior leader as Senior Director and Counselor, Equity and Inclusion to lead and direct this effort. The person in this newly created role will serve as a member of the Center’s Leadership Group, report to the Center’s Executive Vice President for Operations, serve as a direct counselor to the President, and advise other senior leaders.
- Leads inclusive and collaborative processes for the development, implementation, and evaluation of:
- principles, goals, and priorities for building a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization in fulfillment of the Center’s mission and values;
- strategies and mechanisms (e.g., working groups, work with specific departments, etc.) to advance those goals across the organization; and
- key benchmarks and metrics of progress, ongoing assessment, reporting mechanisms, and other accountability measures.
Chairs the Center’s Racial Equity Initiative Implementation Team to support and realize this work.
- Builds capacity within and across all divisions of the Center to ensure and strengthen use of a racial equity lens in the various facets and functions of the Center’s work – including both its internal operation and its public-facing policy work – through training programs, tools, coaching, and guidance.
- Serves as a resource to and partners closely with the Senior Director of Human Resources and others to develop personnel policies and practices that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion, including the expansion of talent identification, recruitment, and retention strategies that enhance staff diversity across all levels and divisions of the Center.
- Liaises with various Center employee affinity groups, teams, and other cohorts to coordinate programs and activities – both intra-group activities and activities open to all staff – to build a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Maintains and updates institutional knowledge of models and best practices in developing and implementing diversity, inclusion, and equity strategies by staying abreast of the relevant literature, building relationships with other organizations doing similar work, and maintaining contact with experts in the field.
- Develops and drives a strategy for creating and executing mechanisms for internal communication and sharing information (best practices, progress toward goals, available tools and resources, etc.) across the organization that prepares, supports, and encourages individuals, teams, and the organization to maximize engagement in the equity and inclusion process and creates a culture open to thinking in new ways about how we approach our work and colleagues.
- Together with other staff, informs a fundraising strategy that communicates the Center’s diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities and progress in order to secure resources that enable the Center to expand and deepen its equity-centered work.
- Manages financial and other organizational resources, including any related consultant contracts, related to diversity, equity, and inclusion activities.
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading and managing organizational change processes, especially as they relate to equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and move ideas from conception to implementation while generating new and innovative ideas, programs, and solutions to ensure goals are met or exceeded. Excellent planning and project management skills, including the ability to enlist support, delegate work, and guide staff across divisions, manage deadlines and expectations, and motivate staff to engage deeply through challenging processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to listen deeply, facilitate conversation, build rapport and trust, mediate disputes, and collaborate with diverse constituencies.
- Deep knowledge and sensitivity to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms (including, for example, across race, ethnicity, gender identity, national origin), of its intersectional nature, of historic and structural barriers to advancement of diverse people and communities, and of how these factors can operate in the workplace.
- Policy-related skills and experience, such as public policy analysis or making or influencing policy, preferably in the Center’s areas of expertise and in policy impacts on diverse communities, especially communities of color.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector, with leadership experience in collaboratively developing and implementing equity, diversity, and inclusive organizational plans; experience working in a union environment is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the Center’s mission.
Please submit your application here.
Position will remain open until filled. Interviews to begin in early May. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.