- Data Research Associate
- Development Writer/Editor
- Director of Media Relations
- Director of Network Learning and Collaboration
- Grants Budget Specialist - Foundation Grants
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health Projects Manager
- Help Desk/Jr. Network Administrator
- Human Resources Director
- IT Help Desk Intern
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst, Health Integration Project
- Project Director: Safety Net Initiative
- State Advancement Assistant
- State Communications Manager
- State Communications Specialist
- State Project Associate/Assistant
- Vice President for Housing Policy
Full time-Paid internship
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is seeking an intern to join its information technology department. The intern will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT helpdesk. The intern will also have a chance to shadow senior IT staff and experience some of the latest technology in production.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Troubleshoot minor equipment malfunctions and correct them as directed by computer operation manuals or supervisor
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Enrolled in or completed associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physically active and able to lift equipment that may weigh up to 40 lbs.
- Must be punctual and reliable
Position Type: Paid Internship. Full time (40 hours/week)
Duration: 1 Semester or more but not to exceed 6 months
Compensation: Candidates with a bachelor’s degree earn $14.25 per hour.
Undergraduate students earn $13.25 per hour.
Interns are eligible for 1 personal day and 2 sick days per semester and health insurance.
Please submit your application here. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.