- Communications Intern
- Data Intern
- Family Income Support Intern
- Federal Fiscal Policy Intern
- Food Assistance Intern
- Fundraising and Development Department Intern
- Government Affairs Intern
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health and Housing Integration Project Intern
- Housing Policy Intern
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Intern - Spring 2020
- IT Help Desk Intern-Spring 2020
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Outreach Intern
- Research Assistant or Research Associate - Federal Fiscal Policy
- State Communications Specialist
- State Fiscal Policy Research Intern
- State Fiscal Project Development Intern
- State Fiscal Project Outreach Intern
- State Strategies Manager
Full time-Paid internship
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is seeking an intern to join its information technology (IT) department. The intern will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT help desk. The intern will also have a chance to shadow senior IT staff and experience some of the latest technology in production.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help desk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Utilize and maintain the help desk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Troubleshoot minor equipment malfunctions and correct them as directed by computer operation manuals or supervisor
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Enrolled in or completed associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physically active and able to lift equipment that may weigh up to 40 lbs.
- Must be punctual and reliable
Position Type: Paid Internship. Full time (40 hours/week)
Position Term and Start Date: January 6 or 13, 2020 to mid-May. Eligible up to two semesters.
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree earn $15 per hour.
Undergraduate students earn $14 per hour.
Interns are eligible for 1 personal day and 2 sick days per semester and health insurance.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Please submit your application here.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.