- Communications Intern
- Data Intern
- Family Income Support Intern
- Federal Fiscal Policy Intern
- Food Assistance Intern
- Fundraising and Development Department Intern
- Government Affairs Intern
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health and Housing Integration Project Intern
- Housing Policy Intern
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Intern - Spring 2020
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Outreach Intern
- Policy Analyst - Housing Team
- Policy Analyst – Federal Fiscal Policy
- Research Assistant or Research Associate - Federal Fiscal Policy
- Research Assistant or Research Associate, Housing Policy
- State Communications Specialist
- State Fiscal Policy Research Intern
- State Fiscal Project Development Intern
- State Fiscal Project Outreach Intern
- State Strategies Manager
- Summer 2020 Health Policy Intern
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is one of the nation’s leading policy institutes focusing on federal and state issues that affect low-income families and individuals. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of federal and state policy debates, and influencing policy outcomes. The Center’s expertise spans a range of areas including federal and state budget and tax policy, health care, social insurance, nutrition, housing, income support, and other policies that are important to low-income people.
The Center seeks an intern for the spring semester. The intern will report to the Sr. Director of Human Resources and work with a close-knit, three-person HR team. Responsibilities will be varied and will include providing support in an array of HR functions. The intern will take on substantive projects related to benefits and pay, recruitment and onboarding, and personnel records management.
- Provide general administrative support to three-person HR department
- Handle confidential and non-routine information
- Assist with benefits administration
- Maintain data, process new employee paperwork, and maintain filing of employee personnel documents
- Track onboarding or offboarding checklist
- Schedule/confirm orientation meetings or other departmental meetings
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects as needed
- Recent college graduate or current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, business administration, or related field
- Strong organizational skills; prioritizes and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines and provides consistent follow-up
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; builds relationships and works collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain attention to detail
- Solution-oriented, focused, and proactive
Position Type: Paid Internship. Full time (40 hours/week)
Position Term and Start Date: January 6 or 13, 2020 to mid-May. Eligible up to two semesters.
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree earn $15 per hour.
Undergraduate students earn $14 per hour.
Interns are eligible for 1 personal day and 2 sick days per semester and health insurance.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Please submit your application here.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.