- Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
- Data Research Assistant
- Director of Media Relations
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Help Desk/Jr. Network Administrator
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst – Federal Tax Policy
- Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst
- Senior Director and Counselor, Equity and Inclusion
- Senior Policy Analyst – State Pension Issues
- State Communications Manager
- State Communications Specialist
- State Strategies Manager
- State Strategies Manager
- State Strategies Manager or Senior State Strategies Manager
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is one of the nation’s leading non-partisan research and policy institutes. It focuses its work at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals. The Center has attained a national reputation for its unique capacity to blend rigorous, timely analyses with activities designed to enable policymakers and the media to make use of its work.
A dynamic organization of over 110 employees, the Center seeks a Human Resources Director to administer and manage the Center’s human resources functions and collaborate with professionals at all levels across the organization to ensure the Center is an outstanding place to work. The position reports to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Oversee recruitment and hiring process of all employees to ensure a talented, diverse, engaged workforce committed to the organization’s mission. Analyze employment needs in the organization, support the development of job descriptions, develop and implement proactive recruitment strategies that build diversity, guide and support hiring officials in interview and selection, prescreen applicants, conduct employment verifications, and provide support and analysis in the development of employment offers. Conduct research and analysis to measure the effectiveness of the recruitment and hiring processes.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive onboarding program that includes outreach and support to new employees both before employment and during the initial months to ensure a smooth transition into the organization, formal training and orientation programs for new employees, and guidance and coaching to supervisors on their role and responsibilities in helping new employees succeed.
- Administer a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including life, health, dental, disability, and pension plans to ensure that programs are progressive, competitive, and in compliance with legal requirements. Recommend improvements and additions to the benefit program to help keep them among the best in the sector. Coordinate brokers, insurance carriers, vendors, contractors, and other outside resources.
- Investigate and provide guidance and support to employees, supervisors, and senior managers to resolve employee relations and performance. Partner with senior management and legal counsel to resolve complex issues.
- Evaluate existing system of performance review and appraisal and develop recommendations to improve its effectiveness. Responsible for ensuring that the system is implemented well and takes into account the differing needs of employees at all levels of the organization and at varying points on their career development paths. Train and coach supervisors in effective employee performance management.
- Develop, implement, proactively communicate, monitor and evaluate written HR processes, procedures and policies to ensure consistency and excellence in a range of Center HR tasks including such areas as recruitment, hiring, promotion, performance management, and onboarding. Conduct research and analysis on a range of HR issues and practices using both Center data and benchmarking with other organizations.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment laws and regulations. Represent the organization in unemployment hearings, when needed.
- Support the Executive Vice President for Operations in a range of organizational development initiatives including increasing diversity of the Center’s workforce, expanding employee training and development, increasing leadership development for senior managers, and developing and reviewing cross-cutting organizational policies. Lead and/or support cross-organizational working groups and teams on key issues.
- Keep abreast of current trends and best practices in human resources, especially in the nonprofit sector. Represent the Center through active engagement in local and national human resources organizations, sharing learnings with the organization as a whole.
- Supervise one HR Generalist and one Office Assistant
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s degree, PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as an HR professional required with broad, generalist experience in all areas; experience within a nonprofit organization, a membership network, or association is very strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of recruiting diverse employees for a range of positions throughout the organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills required, with extensive experience in coaching and guiding employees at all levels to build trust and resolve problems.
- An excellent ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally. Experience conducting and presenting research, analysis, and policy proposals on HR issues.
- Extensive knowledge of employment trends, innovations, best practices, laws, and regulations in a multi-state environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently as well as collaboratively, manage multiple competing demands from a variety of sources, build credibility, and demonstrate personal integrity.
- Working knowledge of technology and software applications necessary to perform responsibilities of this position.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities has retained the search firm of Professionals for NonProfits to recruit for the Director, Human Resources position. Please forward your résumé and cover letter via email to Jinevra Howard at email@example.com. Please indicate “HR Director” in the subject line of your email.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.