- Communications Intern
- Data Intern
- Family Income Support Intern
- Federal Fiscal Policy Intern
- Food Assistance Intern
- Fundraising and Development Department Intern
- Government Affairs Intern
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Health and Housing Integration Project Intern
- Housing Policy Intern
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Intern - Spring 2020
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Outreach Intern
- Policy Analyst - Housing Team
- Policy Analyst – Federal Fiscal Policy
- Research Assistant or Research Associate - Federal Fiscal Policy
- Research Assistant or Research Associate, Housing Policy
- State Communications Specialist
- State Fiscal Policy Research Intern
- State Fiscal Project Development Intern
- State Fiscal Project Outreach Intern
- State Strategies Manager
- Summer 2020 Health Policy Intern
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is a high-caliber strategic policy organization that informs and shapes public policies to reduce poverty, promote equity, and build opportunity. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of policy debates at the federal and state levels, and influencing policy outcomes on a range of critical issues including health care and taxes.
The Human Resources Associate will report to the Senior Director of Human Resources and support the entire team with the execution of human resources duties related to the operations of this function throughout the Center. These duties include support in the areas of benefit administration, recruitment, and HR systems. This person will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of various compliance processes including: EEO-1 survey, FMLA/ADA paperwork, ACA reporting, non-discrimination, and auditing of personnel records. As a part of the HR team, this person will be considered a confidential employee.
Administrative and Benefits
- Assist the team with maintaining the integrity of personnel data entered into HR system, ensuring accuracy and error-free data entry
- Prepare onboarding materials and other new hire details
- Handle scheduling with various departments for the HR team
- Work with the HR team and Contract Coordinator to maintain and track contracts related to HR department
- Process payment requests for the department
- Assist in the processing of employee data within the Kelly Website (third-party benefit administrator)
- Manage WMATA transportation benefits
- Work with the Recruitment Manager to schedule interviews using Outlook calendar
- Prepare materials related to interview management
- Assist with applicant management (review)
- Assist with new staff and intern orientation and onboarding
Strategic/Talent Management and Development
- Run and format reports for members of the team
- Set up internal training and meeting space
- With oversight from the Director, assist with market research
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience working in a human resources department.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience working with a human resources information system; ADP preferred.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality with employee information and documents, and utilize discretion.
- Some experience with the recruitment process and benefits administration.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all staff levels.
Ability to work at fast pace, with high energy, balancing demands of varying urgency
Salary and title commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including three health insurance options, dental and vision care, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, and generous vacation and sick leave policies.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
Please submit your application here.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, gender, disability, military service, or other protected status under federal or local law.