- Budget and Financial Reporting Associate
- Communications Associate
- Data Research Associate
- Development Writer/Editor
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst, Health Integration Project
- Senior Policy Analyst - State Fiscal Policy
- Senior Policy Analyst: Elevating Puerto Rico in Budget and Policy Debates
- Senior Tax Legal Analyst or Tax Legal Analyst
- State Communications Specialist
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is one of the leading organizations in the country working on public policy issues affecting low-income families and individuals. It has attained a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, and influencing a broad array of policy decisions at the federal and state level. The Center works on budget and tax policy, health care, social insurance, trends in poverty and income distribution, and a range of programs important to low-income people. The Center’s funding is provided by private foundations and individuals.
The Finance Department is looking for a Budget and Financial Reporting Associate to provide analysis and reporting for the development of grant reports and project budgets, as well as the overall organizational budget. Additionally, the person in this role will assist the Grants Manager by tracking labor distribution schedules and direct expenses and preparing funder reports. This position will allow the right candidate to advance their skills and knowledge in a fast paced, high-functioning Finance environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of the Center’s organizational budgets;
- Assist with preparation of grant budget proposals for programs/projects;
- Assist with grant reporting to funders;
- Provide monthly budget reports including budget variance analysis;
- Research and prepare periodic financial analysis and/or reports as requested;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting;
- One to three years of professional experience developing, preparing, and monitoring budgets;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and above-average experience using Excel or other spreadsheet programs;
- Strong mathematical aptitude and abilities;
- Strong attention to details and accuracy;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
No calls, please.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.
Please submit your application here.