- Administrative and Events Assistant
- Data Research Associate
- Deputy Director of State Communications
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst - Population Health and State Fiscal Policy
- Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst – Housing Policy
- Policy Analyst, Health Integration Project
- Research Assistant - Family Income Support
- Research Assistant/Associate - Federal Fiscal
- Senior Policy Analyst - Equity and State Fiscal Policy
- State Campaigns & Strategies Manager
- State Communications Specialist
- State Network Fundraising Manager
- Vice President for Health Policy
The State Fiscal Project (SFP) at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a dynamic team that influences state policy debates by producing timely, credible, and accessible research; messaging complex issues in clear and compelling ways; and delivering this analysis into the hands of lawmakers, media, grassroots organizations, and other partners who can help mobilize change.
To support this work, SFP coordinates several annual and ad-hoc trainings and meetings to facilitate learning and collaboration among Center staff, state partners, and national allies. The Administrative and Events Assistant will be under the direct supervision of SFP’s Operations Manager, and will work closely with the Conference and Trainings Manager to carry out the logistics of meetings and conferences. The Administrative and Events Assistant also will schedule meetings and assist with calendar management, process reimbursements, obtain supplies, coordinate direct mailings, and work on special projects. This person also will deal with a range of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Assist the Conference and Trainings Manager with all logistics related to the annual conference and several other key meetings.
- Schedule and organize meetings including webinar set-up, travel arrangements, and other department activities for all members of the department.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with payment processing for SFP staff and the State Priorities Partnership network.
- Meeting prep for in-house state partner DC Fiscal Policy Institute’s board meetings and annual fundraiser.
- Create and develop visual presentations for senior staff on the SFP team, including graphics.
- Draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Perform minor edits to documents. Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and executives.
- Provide regranting and program support, including grantee background checks and maintaining regranting filing system.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects, at the request of the Vice President, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, and creating brochures.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant and other Center Administrative Assistants to build a cohesive team and support network.
- Serve as back-up for front receptionist, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience working as an administrative professional
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, including strong aptitude with Outlook and Office 365, SharePoint
- Superb customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Ability to interact with all staff levels
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please submit cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: email@example.com. Please include Administrative and Events Assistant in the subject line.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of Race/Gender/Physical Ability/ or Veteran status. The Center values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law.