- Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
- Data Analysis Intern-Fall 2019
- Data Research Assistant
- Director of Media Relations
- Federal Fiscal and Data Research Associate
- Grants Budget Specialist - Foundation Grants
- Graphics and Web Posting Associate
- Help Desk/Jr. Network Administrator
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst – Federal Tax Policy
- Senior Director and Counselor, Equity and Inclusion
- Senior Policy Analyst – State Pension Issues
- State Communications Manager
- State Communications Specialist
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist is responsible for administering the accounts payable process, as well as coordinating with Human Resources to process the Center’s bi-weekly payroll. The Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an examiner, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services. Processing payroll includes ensuring compliance with state and local payroll laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization.
- Accounts payable/cash disbursements: prepares payment requests; processes all approved checks and wire requests in the A/P system; prepares ACH and manual checks; reviews checks for accuracy; distributes as appropriate.
- Prepares year-end 1099s for eligible consultants.
- Reconciles reimbursements from outside organizations.
- Researches routine inquiries. Researches data and prepares periodic financial analyses and/ or reports, as requested.
- Assists with preparation for the annual audit.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll, remaining compliant with federal and state payroll laws; compliance includes maintaining staff payroll files.
- Reviews bi-weekly pay letter to ensure alignment with payroll related personnel actions and, using this information, produces labor reports; processes bi-weekly Center and employee retirement contributions; maintains and reconciles transportation (WMATA) accounts.
- Creates and disseminates reports including but not limited to leave balances and monthly term reports; maintains monthly employee roster.
- Two-year associate degree in accounting or five years of equivalent experience.
- Five years of payroll experience, preferably ADP.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
- Experience with A/P and accounting software, preferably Microix (A/P) and Abila MIP (accounting).
- Strong attention to detail with ability to proactively problem solve.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment with firm deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
Please submit your application here.
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including generous health insurance options and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.