Podcast: Examining the New 2007 Census Data on Poverty, Income, and Health Insurance Coverage
August 26, 2008
This podcast covers the following:
- What do the new data show about poverty and poverty trends for the population as a whole and for specific demographic groups such as children and racial minorities?
- What do the data show regarding trends in income and in income disparities?
- What do the data show about the number and percentage of Americans in general, and of particular groups of Americans, who lack health insurance?
- What do the data suggest about how low-income Americans and the middle class fared over the course of the economic recovery that peaked in 2007, and how does this compare to how they did in previous recoveries?
- What are the policy implications of these data?