Coven left the Center in January of 2009. As Senior Legislative Associate, Coven worked on a broad range of issues, including the federal budget, housing, Social Security, welfare, and climate change.
She also routinely provideed training in the federal budget process for national and state-based non-profits.
Before coming to the Center in 2001, Coven worked on health care policy at Consumers Union, the publisher of Consumer Reports magazine.
Her prior experience included five years on Capitol Hill, four of which were spent working for the House leadership on a variety of communications and domestic policy initiatives.
Coven holds a B.A. in economics and a law degree from Yale University.
- Unemployment Insurance Reforms Should Be Part of Economic Recovery Package
- The Unemployment Rate Is Already High Enough to Warrant Extended Benefits
- How Low-Income Consumers Fare in the Senate Climate-Change Bill
- Senate Proposal to Add Unemployment Insurance Benefits Improves Effectiveness of Stimulus Bill
- Labor-HHS-Education Bill – What’s at Stake