IBP Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist
The International Budget Partnership (IBP) is based at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) in Washington, DC. Established in 1997, IBP collaborates with civil society organizations in countries around the world to use budget analysis and advocacy as a tool to improve governance and reduce poverty. In addition to its support to civil society efforts within countries to improve budget policies and implementation, IBP and its partners conduct research and advocate at the national and international level for improvements in budget transparency, participation and accountability.
The IBP Finance Team manages the financial affairs of IBP, an organization of approximately 35 employees plus consultants. The IBP is seeking an Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist to take on the responsibility for processing cash disbursements as well as payroll preparation and management. This position will report to IBP’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Process cash disbursement transactions according to established policies and procedures
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and make appropriate adjustments, when necessary
- Prepare and reconcile the bi-weekly and monthly payroll adjustments for domestic and international employees, respectively
- Manage and update employee payroll data through the payroll processing software
- Assist users with time/payroll issues
- Prepare leave balance reports
- Administer employee retirement data, including transmitting data to a third party administrator, terminations, loans, etc.
- Work with employees, supervisors and Human Resources to resolve any pay issues
- Prepare quarterly 941 payroll reports
- Prepare monthly entries to the general ledger and corresponding account reconciliations
- Prepare year-end 1099s for eligible consultants
- Prepare audit schedules and 990 schedules, as assigned
- Research and reconcile financial discrepancies
- Evaluate and implement internal control policies and procedures as directed by the Chief Financial Officer
Skills and requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years working experience with Accounts Payable and Payroll, including
- AP / AR, journal entries, debits / credits
- Data entry
- Time and attendance systems
- Payroll taxes at the federal, state and local levels
- International payroll experience preferred
- Strong knowledge / ability in Microsoft Office applications and other related software programs, particularly MS Excel
- Knowledge of financial accounting software, preferably MIP
- Strong professional judgment in handling confidential information with discretion
- Accustomed to work at a very high level of accuracy and with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including an excellent customer service demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment and to maintain a high level of organization
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including health insurance; dental and vision care; retirement; and generous vacation, sick leave and holiday schedules.
Send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Please note the position title – IBP AP and Payroll Specialist – in the subject area of your email.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer