Policy Analyst / Senior Policy Analyst - State Fiscal Policy
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, one of the nation’s premier policy organizations, seeks a policy analyst or senior analyst for its State Fiscal Project.
The analyst will conduct timely and thorough research of state budget and tax issues; write policy papers; provide technical assistance to state-level policymakers around the country; and provide training and strategic advice to state-level nonprofit organizations. Work products will include short written analyses, longer reports, testimony to state legislatures, interaction with the news media, and public presentations.
The State Fiscal Project advances solutions to some of the nation’s most challenging economic and social problems, paying particular attention to the effects of policies on low- and moderate-income families and individuals. The team includes several nationally recognized experts in the field. Center reports receive broad distribution and press attention and play a key role in affecting public debates and policy outcomes. The Center also coordinates and collaborates with a 41-state network of policy organizations on these issues.
Candidates should have:
- At least two years’ experience (five years preferred) working on tax and budget issues at the state or federal level as legislative staff, executive-branch staff, and/or independent researcher or advocate;
- A relevant graduate degree;
- Excellent quantitative, analytic, and communication skills;
- Demonstrated skill/experience in developing strategies to affect public policy debates and decisions; and
- An ability to consider complex budget and tax issues and explain those issues (both in writing and orally) for broader audiences.
Some travel is required. Salary: Commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including health insurance, life and long term disability insurance, retirement, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, takes affirmative action to ensure that discrimination does not occur on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.