August 26, 2008
EXAMINING THE NEW 2007 CENSUS DATA ON POVERTY,
INCOME, AND HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
This audio presentation covers the following:
- What do the new data show about poverty and poverty trends for the population as a whole and for specific demographic groups such as children and racial minorities?
- What do the data show regarding trends in income and in income disparities?
- What do the data show about the number and percentage of Americans in general, and of particular groups of Americans, who lack health insurance?
- What do the data suggest about how low-income Americans and the middle class fared over the course of the economic recovery that peaked in 2007, and how does this compare to how they did in previous recoveries?
- What are the policy implications of these data?