- Administrative and Events Assistant
- Communications Associate
- Conference and Trainings Manager
- Data Research Associate
- Editor, Communications
- Human Resources Director
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Operations, International Budget Partnership
- Policy Analyst – Federal Tax Policy
- State Network Communications Manager
- User Support Specialist
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is currently looking for a User Support Specialist focused on expanding adoption and use of the Center’s database and applications. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the user support specialist is a key part of helping expand and maximize user adoption of the Center’s new technology tools, with a focus specifically on the use of Office 365, SharePoint online and Salesforce CRM. The User Support Specialist accomplishes this work both by conducting formal training and by providing our staff with day-to-day consultation, trouble-shooting and problem-solving for database and applications.
The Center is a fast-paced environment with an excellent technology infrastructure looking to expand use of its technology tools. The Information Technology Team has a service-focused, user-centered approach. It plays a critical role in the Center’s overall work by providing rapid response service to users across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and define the technology needs of individual users and teams, especially related to Center-wide adoption of Office 365 tools, SharePoint online, and Salesforce CRM;
- Understand user and team business processes to propose ways to use these tools to maximize Center workflow, efficiency, and effectiveness;
- Develop training project plans and materials (documentation, interactive learning modules) for existing software used by the Center, new company implementations, or upgrades to existing tool sets;
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve problems assigned as tickets through the Center’s helpdesk system, especially related to Office 365, SharePoint online, and Salesforce CRM, through discussion with users and hands-on assistance;
- Manage the security awareness training program to educate employees about corporate policies and procedures for working with information technology;
- Create queries, reports and other modules as required in response to requests from CBPP staff, importing and exporting data in a variety of formats; and
- Develop and conduct IT orientation for new hires and interns.
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline;
- At least 5 years of current experience in participating in a desk-side support environment;
- Advanced level SharePoint online and Office 365 experience/proficiency required;
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM is an asset;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people in a clear manner;
- Collaborative and helpful, with a focus on supporting and communicating with fellow members of the IT Team in service to Center users;
- Experience understanding and documenting user business processes and developing strategies to incorporate new technology tools into ongoing work;
- Proven experience with adult learning principles, methodologies, and training design techniques;
- A solid understanding of application software and database concepts;
- Ability to work on complex problems, having great diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities in a fast-paced environment; and
- Ability to be available on a rotational schedule to handle after-hours and weekend user support.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including generous health insurance, dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement accounts, MERP, DCAP, and a generous vacation and sick leave policy, as well as most major holidays.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.