Lyons was a Policy Analyst and Research Associate with the State Fiscal Project from December 2004 through June 2007.
She provided technical assistance and policy analysis on tax and expenditure limits, as well as on a range of other tax and budget issues.
Before coming to the Center, she worked in the international economic development field.
She was a Program Manager for Innovations for Poverty Alleviation (IPA), a small non-profit organization that conducts randomized evaluations of poverty alleviation programs.
Lyons holds a B.A. in Economics from UC Berkeley and an M.P.A. from the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University.
- The Problems with Property Tax Revenue Caps
- The Property Tax Circuit Breaker
- A Frigid Forecast for the Sunshine State: Proposed Revenue Cap as Damaging as Colorado’s TABOR
- A TABOR at Heart: South Carolina's H. 3295 Spending Cap Proposal
- A Response to the Independence Institute’s Attack on "The Real Story Behind TABOR” Video